My healing toolbox is a collection of tools, experiences and education that my own healing/embodiment journey has brought me to, which I share with clients in our sessions as needed. I continue to learn every day and try to keep up my education and refresh my perspective.
I began a Hatha Yoga practice in 2001, which helped to ground me as a young woman and reclaim ownership over my body, energy and sense of self. Due to social conditioning and not knowing how to cope with my high sensitive and empathetic nature, I was often in emotional and sensory overload. Yoga helped me learn boundaries and how to balance my energy. It also helped me with physical pain and tension relief. I delved into the roots of Yoga, Hinduism, Buddhism, meditation and mindfulness, becoming a Moksha Yoga instructor in 2004, and have been learning about and teaching Hatha Yoga in various forms ever since.
My passionate, creative nature eventually craved expression and pathways of movement that my yoga practice did not provide. I soon found bellydance. I danced various styles with various teachers, and found it to be an incredibly healing movement practice for my pelvic health, especially when done in a somatic, mindful way. It greatly improved my pregnancy, post-partum, sexuality and embodiment of feminine power. It was also at that time that I found ecstatic dance and authentic movement, which promoted resilience and freedom of expression- all of this helped heal my emotional body.
Movement was helpful for a body like mine. Having debilitating pain often meant I had to adapt my movement practice a lot, and learn new skills. This now helps me with clients who need an adapted practice for chronic pain, trauma, mental health or other limitations.
Finally, much of my healing comes from my Earth-Based spiritual practice. Ever since I was a little girl, I knew that I felt most alive and connected to Spirit in the forest, the fields, the lakes and gazing up at a starry sky. I spoke with trees and animals and listened to the whispers of my ancestors. I realised that my intuition was a great source of healing power, and we all have access to this. I enjoy helping people cultivate their intuitive and instinctive wisdom in our sessions, as well as through my Earth Wisdom Circles.
Below is a list of my education and training- my healing toolbox that I refer to in our womb wellness sessions:
My education & training:
- Yoga for Pelvic Health Training- Shannon Crow, Ontario
- Movement for Trauma Level 1 & 2 – Jane Clapp, Toronto
- Trauma-Informed Yoga Training- Wavelengths Yoga, Halifax
- Prenatal Yoga Instructor Certification – Janice Clarfield, Toronto
- Yoga Instructor Certification (800 Hours)- Moksha Yoga, Toronto
- Chair Yoga Certification- Kassandra Prus, Toronto
- Restorative Yoga Certification (35 hours)- Kim Mc Bean, Toronto
- Bellydance Essentials Certification- Roula Said of OmLaila Bellydance, Toronto
- Moon Mother Certification- Womb Blessings & Healings- Miranda Gray
- Holistic Studies in Aromatherapy, Homeopathy, Massage, Reiki, Herbalism, Chakra Healing, Energy Healing and Nutrition- Transformational Arts College, Toronto
- Dance Our Way Home Facilitator Certification- Erica Ross, Toronto
- Shamanic Healing- The Medicine Circle
- Astrology level 1-3- Canadian Association of Astrological Education, Toronto
- Tarot, Wicca & Earth-Based Wisdom- Various teachers & self-taught
- Social Service Worker with Indigenous Perspectives Designation diploma, Fleming College
- Non-Violent Crisis Intervention Training– Fleming College, Peterborough
- A.S.I.S.T Suicide Prevention Training- Fleming College, Peterborough
- Mental Health First Aid Training- Miziwe Biik, Toronto
- CPR Level C- St. John’s Ambulance, Peterborough
- Indigenous Perspective for Sexual Assault Workers- Niijkiwendidaa Anishnaabekwewag Services Circle, Peterborough
- 2-Spirit Safety and Suicide Prevention Training- NCCT/The 519, Toronto
- Wen-Do Self-Defense Level 1- Peterborough